WORKING TOGETHER FOR ALL
Policies & Procedures
At Bloom, we aim to create a space of inclusion, respect and empowerment for all who enter the Centre. Our policies and procedures were created by working together with staff, practitioners, teachers, clients and guests. We want to ensure a safe environment where people feel seen, heard and supported. As such, we have outlined our main practices to achieve these aims below.
We welcome any questions you may have.
Our team has always followed the leading standards for safe and responsible health care from the Ontario Ministry of Health, as well as our governing bodies.
With the recent pandemic we have increased this to include enhanced personal protective equipment, more frequent and stringent disinfection procedures, as well as optimization of space and ventilation, timing of appointments, direction of in-clinic traffic, and reduction of class sizes to allow for proper physical distancing.
We continue to provide virtual care for those who may not be able or comfortable to come in person.
- sanitize all treatment rooms, reception, and all equipment with medical grade disinfectant before and after every visit.
- optimize ventilation within all clinical spaces through use of HEPA & UV air purifiers, allowing ample time between patients, and directing the flow of in-clinic traffic to reduce patient crossover.
- wear the necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) advised by the Ministry of Health and our respective governing colleges including masks, gloves and possibly eye protection and/or gowns.
- continue to accept contactless payments, including by reception, online or via Etransfer. A credit card can be stored on file (same security as PayPal) to allow for easy and quick payment. Statements will be emailed to the address on file.
- provide all equipment for any in person small group classes, which will be sanitized with medical grade disinfectant after every visit.
You will be asked to:
- complete the automated online screening questionnaire no more than 24 hours prior to your visit (sent via email).
- If you answer yes to any of the questions, please call AND email the clinic immediately to determine the next best course of action for your care and to keep our contact tracing records up to date. This may include: continuing with in person care if deemed appropriate and safe; move your appointment online when applicable; or reschedule your appointment to a later date.
- answer a verbal screening upon arrival at the clinic.
- wear a mask prior to entering the clinic, as well as during your entire time within the clinic – unless otherwise specified and directed by your care provider (i.e. during exercise ONLY when appropriate physical distancing measures &/or appropriate clinician PPE are possible). Reusable cloth masks will be available for purchase should you need one.
- sanitize your hands when you arrive for your appointment and before exiting the clinic.
- remove all footwear regardless of weather and place all belongings in provided sanitized bins to limit contact within the clinic.
Switching to online/virtual care
Just like you, all our practitioners are subject to the same impacts and potential limitations that come with this new way of life. This can mean that they too may need to shift your care to online while awaiting test results or while looking after children at home. We always try to give you as much notice as possible, however, we appreciate your understanding should any last minute changes occur.
As such, we ask that you please understand how this transition to virtual care may work and prepare ahead of time. We also ask that you provide us with as much notice as possible, for both individual or group care, should you need or prefer to switch how you will be accessing your appointment (i.e. to virtual). Of course, if you can come in person that is always best.
Learn more about who qualifies and how to set yourself up for virtual care, as well as how online care can be very beneficial and effective.
If you are still unsure how to set up and prepare for online care, please contact our Wellness Administrators who can take you through a 5-15 minute session to help you troubleshoot any issues.
Rebooking & Cancellations
To ensure the highest quality of care your provider sets aside a considerable amount of time for your sessions, whether in person or virtually. As such, we ask that you be respectful and responsible of your time together and should you need to reschedule or cancel, please provide at least 1 business days notice by either phone, email or through your Jane profile. This will allow for appropriate time to move your appointment &/or reschedule your treatment plan, as well as get other patients’ awaiting care in off the waitlist as soon as possible.
Missed or late cancelled (less than 1 business day) appointments may be charged a partial or full appointment fee. If you choose not to continue with your scheduled care when alternate options are available, including virtual care and/or it is safe to continue with in person care, the no show fee may still apply. This will be at the discretion of your care provider and based on a discussion with you both.
Reminder emails and text messages are a courtesy only.
Missed group classes will not be refunded as they are paid for in a session format. Most classes are available to be attending either in person or virtually (you must pick one for the duration of the session); although in person participants are able to move online as needed. Further, all group classes will be recorded and made accessible to all participants for up to 7 days after the release (24-48 hours after the class date).
Physiotherapy rehab class conditions
Classes may be covered by private health insurance plans under Physiotherapy if you are currently under active care.
If you are not currently under active Physiotherapy care and would like to deduct these classes from private insurance, a Physiotherapy assessment is required prior to the start of class to determine if this class series is an appropriate form of care for you. Please call our Administrative team to reserve some time for your assessment.
For all outside patients, please have your referring Physio complete the referral form here: https://bloomintegrativehealth.ca/referring-providers/. Please note: It is up to you and your referring Physiotherapist to ensure all paperwork has been submitted prior to the start of classes. You will be notified by email when we receive the proper paperwork.
All classes must be attended live by the participant, whether in person (preferred) or virtually (as needed), in order to qualify for private insurance reimbursement. A receipt will be provided electronically after each class. Missed classes will not be reimbursed and the full class fee will be charged – this may not be covered by insurance.
Please check with your individual insurance company to determine if these classes will be covered under Physiotherapy.
C L A S S C A N C E L L A T I O N P O L I C Y
Our classes are purchased as a series and therefore individual refunds for missed classes will not be provided. If you miss a class or can’t make it, you still have access to the class replay, home exercises, educational materials and group forum! You have access to all these online support pieces up to 7 days after the last class.
R E F U N D P O L I C Y
No refunds will be provided for cancellations within 7 days of the class start date. Otherwise, a credit will be provided towards other Bloom services &/or products. A full refund will be provided for medical exemptions.
V I R T U A L A C C O M M O D A T I O N S
If you are not set up to engage with your class virtually (as needed/required) please let us know so that we can make alternate arrangements for you to engage with your class.
Health Information Protection & Security
Content coming soon